An aerosol wound dressing spray that aids in the treatment of external wounds and also assists healing through debridement and by stimulation of epithelial tissue. Contains trypsin, castor oil, peru balsam, vitamin A and vitamin E.
Frequently Bought Together
Debrizyme is an aerosol wound dressing spray. DEBRIZYME aids in the treatment of external wounds and also assists healing through debridement and by stimulation of epithelial tissue.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Shake the can before use. Use the extension nozzle supplied to spray directly onto the wound site. Apply 2-3 times a day. Avoid spraying into eyes and on fresh arterial clots.
DEBRlZYME chemically debrides necrotic tissue and stimulates growth of epithelial tissue, which accelerates the wound healing process. Trypsin, the debriding agent, is especially important in the first few days when there is contamination of the wound and filled with necrotic tissue. Castor oil and peru balsam also speed up epithelialisation. The overall effect is an acceleration in wound healing, as can be seen by the healthy granulation tissue evident in the later photographs.
Acriflavine in Glycerin has mild antibacterial action. It is very useful for the treatment of contaminated or infected wounds because it promotes wound drainage and has a hygroscopic effect.
All wounds continued to decrease in size with open wound management, and healed well.
150ml aerosol can with extension nozzle.
Store at room temperature (below 25 °C ).
Each gram of DEBRIZYME contains 0, 125g trypsin crystalline, 290mg castor oil, 40mg peru balsam, 200i.u. vitamin A and Si.u. vitamin E.
- Trypsin is a proteolytic enzyme and acts as a mild debriding agent. It is effective in the removal of necrotic tissue, exudate and coagulated blood.
- Peru balsam is used to increase circulation in the wound site area by dilation of the blood vessels. Increasing the local blood flow brings nutrients and oxygen needed for re- epithelialisation to the wound much faster and this also means a more rapid removal of products of skin necrosis. Peru balsam also has a mild bactericidal action and promotes wound granulation.
- Castor oil increases epithelialisation. It reduces premature epithelial dehydration and keratinisation.
- Miyamoto has demonstrated an acceleration of cell renewal and wound healing with topically applied vitamin A and vitamin E1 •
- There are no adverse skin/cell reactions association with the application of DEBRIZYME.